Vervoe offers a variety of question formats to pose to applicants. The goal of Vervoe is to emulate the tasks that candidates would perform on the job, and utilizing diverse types of questions aids in accomplishing this objective.
The different question types are outlined below:
- Simulators - Place candidates in virtual job exercises, and watch as they solve challenges in responsive environments
- Typing Test - Assess the accuracy and speed of a candidate's keyboard typing
- Text - Traditional text questions without the use of any media
- Audio - Your candidate will see an option to record audio.
- Video - Your candidate will see an option to record or upload a video.
- Multiple Choice - You can choose if you want candidates to select more than one option or choose one option. When setting the options, you must assign a value of 10 to the correct option. You can also attach media to the answer choices.
- Number - This question type only allows a number in the response field and is auto-graded. You must enter the correct number value in the correct answer field when setting up this question.
- Info Section - This question type allows you to enter content for the candidate to review and is not graded
- Upload - Candidate can upload a file to respond
- Code - You can test a candidate's coding skills.
- Document, Presentation, MS Excel, Spreadsheet, and Spreadsheet Auto-graded (not mobile-compatible) - Immersive questions using Google Suite applications. These question types are explained in the following section.
Immersive Question Options
This feature integrates with Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides. This means that there is no need to have a candidate download a file and then upload a file as their response.
All the work can be done right on our platform. When you choose one of these question types, you will have the option to create the document right through our app or upload a file from your computer.
The following are the immersive question types you can choose from:
Spreadsheet - Integration with Google Sheets. Candidates have the ability to manipulate data and use Google Sheet formulas to solve problems
Spreadsheet Auto-graded: Integration with Google Sheets. This question type has the same functionality as the Spreadsheet option but allows you to automatically grade an input by providing the cell information and the correct answer. You can see how this works here.
Microsoft Excel Auto-graded: Integration with Microsoft Excel. This question type allows you to assess a candidate's understanding of Microsoft Excel functions and formulas. This question type mimics the functionality of the Auto-graded Spreadsheet question type.
Presentation - Integration with Google Slides and equivalent to Microsoft Powerpoint. Candidates have the ability to create or edit presentations.
Document - Integration with Google Docs and equivalent to Microsoft Word. Candidates have the ability to create or edit text documents.
Please note that all immersive questions are not mobile-compatible
If you choose a code editor question and would like for candidates to create code, then you can choose Code in the question type option.
Testing for coding skills on Vervoe just got easier. You can allow candidates to code in several languages. When you choose the code answer type, you will have the option to grade candidate code with test cases automatically.
Automatic grading allows you to add test cases and assign point values to them. In addition, enabling this option allows candidates to run their code while taking the test and iterate on their solution.
For complete details on how to set up coding challenges, please read this article here.