In this article:
The Select Stage
Once your candidates have completed their assessment, and you've graded responses to train the AI to optimize results, you can review the results and dig deeper into the top performers.
From left to right the candidate row now includes the following information;
Rank: This shows how a candidate scored overall compared to everyone else. A rank of 1 means they are the top performer by score. If 2 or more candidates score the same then their completion time will also be used to determine their rank in the assessment with those completing first being awarded the higher position.
Scores, badges, and trophies
- Candidates that score in the top 5% overall for the assessment will be awarded a `top performer` badge.
- Trophy icons are awarded to the top 3 performers for each skill. For example, if you have the skills sales, resilience, and empathy 9 trophy icons will be awarded overall to the candidates that score 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for each individual skill in the assessment.
Shortlist: The shortlist icon allows you to quickly save candidates you like to a shortlist. Once shortlisted the icon will turn from gray into a green icon with a tick.
The shortlisted candidates will appear in the Shortlist tab as shown below.
Comments: The comment icon will also highlight if the candidate card has comments from other team members. To view, the comments click on the candidate card.
Tags: Up to 20 tags can be created across a company account through the admin settings or via the pop-up modal activated by this icon. Candidates that are tagged can be filtered by these tags e.g. `interview`, `reference check` etc
Reviewing a Candidate's Report Card
Candidates who have completed and submitted an assessment appear under the "Select" tab.
If you want to have a closer look at a candidate's results, click on the candidate name and their card will open in a new tab. You can open several candidate cards into separate tabs and navigate between each as needed.
The candidate card shows
- The candidate's name and email address
- Completion time details
- Source info
- Ability to leave comments and view comments from team members
- The full breakdown of scores per skills
- An annotated list of achievements e.g. Finished in the top 2%
- View of each question and answer
- All tags associated with the candidate
To review responses, click on the question number as shown below or click next or back to navigate between the questions and responses.
Ideally, you have graded responses through the Optimize section to help train your AI, but you can always manually grade responses as you view them in the candidate cards.
Click on the "Grade Answers" below the candidate response and the grading scale will collapse. You can select a score value between 0-10. Once you grade all responses, the overall score will recalculate.
Team Member Scoring
Team members can grade each candidate independently. The initial icon of each team member who has scored the assessment will appear in the candidate card they have graded.
When grading the questions, an image icon of the team member who submitted a score will appear next to the score in the top right corner of the question and the average score from all team members will be shown for that question.
The average overall score will be displayed on the candidate card under "Team Score".
You can add comments to every candidate card. If you have team members collaborating in the hiring process, you can each add your thoughts in the comments section.
Please note: Comments are not visible to candidates.
Sharing a Candidate card
If you would like to share a candidate card with someone in your company that is not on your account, you can create a public link to share. Click on the Share Candidate button located on the right side of the report card and you can select "Copy Link" to add the shareable link to your clipboard.
Employers on the Growth plan and above will also have the option to hide existing scores, completion times, and suggested answers by clicking on the toggle button and then "Copy Link". This will generate a different link that will allow guest scoring and hide candidate details.
Please refer to this article for more detail on guest scoring and sharing candidate cards.
Extending a Deadline for an already submitted assessment
If a candidate submits an assessment by accident or had a technical issue and would like to resubmit, you may reset the assessment by "extending" the deadline.
All previous answers will remain in the candidate's account, but they will be able to update responses if needed.
Dig Deeper and make informed decisions
Filter and Sort
The select stage includes two powerful features that will allow you to review candidate results closely and help you narrow down the right person for the job.
The Filter option uses the tags you have created and assigned to help you filter and review specific groups of candidates. You can choose to display one or multiple tag groups can be displayed at once.
The Sort option allows you to remove skills or questions from the assessment. The candidates' overall scores will be recalculated to reflect the missing skill/s or question/s. This will let you drill further into a candidate's ability and weigh the importance of skills or questions within the assessment.
For example, you may be hiring a sales rep and testing skills like account management, sales, resilience, and Salesforce skills. In the actual day-to-day activities of the role, the skill for Salesforce isn’t that important because they will have an admin that can assist them.
So by removing this skill or maybe some questions from this skill group, you may unearth another candidate that scores higher in other areas, like account management and sales, that might be a better fit for your organization and the particular role.
How it works: Clicking on the sort feature will open a drop-down that shows all the skills and associated questions in the assessment; this is the default view.
Deselect the skills or questions you would like to remove from consideration and the scores will be recalculated. Once a skill or question has been deselected and the scores have recalculated this view will be saved so that the next time you log back in, you won't need to deselect again. The selection can be quickly undone by deleting the custom filter via the toggle. The assessment and scores will reset to include all skill groups and questions.
Once sort has been activated and the scores have been recalculated, you will see the change reflected in the rank column.
In the example below, the candidate dropped from rank 3 to rank 5. The number highlighted in red shows the number of positions the candidate moved down.
In the example below, the candidate rose from rank 6 to 1. The number highlighted in green shows the number of positions the candidate moved up.
The compare feature will allow you to review your shortlisted candidates' scores and responses side by side. If there are files, videos, or code responses, they will expand out into a modal for ease of use.
To compare candidates:
- Click on your "Shortlist" tab. Keep in mind the compare feature only works with shortlisted candidates.
- Click on "Compare" located on the bottom right of each candidate you want to compare side by side.
- Once you have selected the candidates you want to compare, click on "Compare" located on the top right.
- A new window will open with the selected candidates, side by side. Click on the question tabs below to view responses side by side. When you are done, click "x" in the top right corner to close this window.
If you need help reviewing and comparing these candidates, you can share their card links with anyone.
Marking candidates as "Hired"
Once you have hired a candidate, you will be able to mark them hired within the Vervoe platform.
There are 2 ways to mark someone has hired.
- When viewing the list of candidates in the Select stage, you can mark the candidate hired through their report card view or via the mid-size hover card.
- When deactivating an assessment, if you haven't marked someone as "hired" the system will ask you if you have hired someone. Click "yes" if you have, and it will direct you to mark the candidate that was hired and submit.
Once a candidate has been marked as hired they’ll receive a `hired` badge, and you will be able to filter for "Hired" candidates through the "All Candidates" company level tab, so they can be accessed easily after an assessment is deactivated.
- My assessments don't have any skills groups. Will all Select features work with my assessments?
Existing active assessments that do not contain skill groups will be unable to show certain features of the new release including;
- Candidates will not receive a breakdown of scores per skill
- Trophies will not be awarded for top performers as they relate to skills
- The `sort` feature will only show the questions of an assessment and not the skill groups
- Candidate report cards will not show the breakdown of achievements per skill
- I updated my assessments with skills groups. Why don't I see the score breakdown per skill for all my candidates?
Assessments that are active and updated to include skill groups during the release will have a split view of candidates. Those that completed the assessment prior to skill groups being added will not show score per skill, trophies and report cards won’t have achievements. New completions will have access to trophies, and score breakdown per skill.