In this article:
Common skills tested:
Attention to Detail
Calm under pressure
Creativity/ Problem Solving
How to test for these skills:
Vervoe allows you to utilize a variety of question types to help you assess any of the skills mentioned above.
For example, call center agents should be empathetic and remain calm under stressful situations. Set up a scenario specific to your organization and ask the candidate to respond to that situation. You can even include a recording of a phone call where a customer calls in upset about a situation they have experienced. Ask the candidate to record their response to the customer through audio. Their response will give you a good indication of their phone personality (how friendly they sound, do they speak clearly and professionally) along with how well they remain calm under pressure.
When building out an assessment, consider what skills are most important for your organization and type these out in our skills assessment builder to create a bespoke assessment.
Read this article that explains how to use our skills assessment builder.
You can also start from one of our premade assessments titled Call Center Representative Assessment under the expert section in our library. You can choose to customize the template or use it as-is.
Follow Best practices for higher completion rates and AI accuracy:
- Include a mix question types
- Include no more than 10 questions
- Include an intro about your company and the job role. This would be a great use of any company video.
- Start with an easy question and build up to the more difficult ones later in the assessment
- Restrict the use of timers, only use them in scenarios where an employee would be required to react in a limited amount of time
Where in the funnel should I use an assessment?
If you have any further questions regarding best practices, feel free to take a look at our helpful article here.