This might be your first online interview or maybe you want to brush up on some interviewing tips. Either way, you have come to the right place. Below are a few tips that will assist you with having a positive interview experience:
- Check your inbox for an email invitation. If you are having issues locating your email invitation please check all of your inbox folders, including your Spam/Junk folder.
- Make sure you are using a supported browser and device. You can check if your browser is supported here.
- Read all of the instructions. Employers sometimes leave requests and special instructions in the job description, email sent to candidates, and the interview description. It is important that you read every word in the employer’s communication. Remember, companies often evaluate a candidate’s ability to follow instructions as a part of the application review process.
- Prepare for the interview. Familiarize yourself with the job description. If available, check out the organization's website or read some of their online content. Knowing the company’s expectations, mission, and goals will help you better understand their interview process and why they are asking certain questions.
- Take your interview when you have uninterrupted time. Typically, you will have four days to submit your interview. You can take it at any time during those four days. Conduct your interview in a quiet place, where you won’t be disturbed will boost your productivity. Please note that some employers may have shorter or longer deadlines.
- Pay attention to timers. Some employers may limit the amount of time that you have to take your interview or answer an individual question. If this is the case, you will be notified prior to starting the interview/question. This will give you the opportunity to choose to continue with the interview or start at a later time. Timers can’t be paused and you will only have one opportunity to answer the question once you start the timer.
- Before submitting the interview, review your answers. You should make sure your responses make sense, are free from typos, and (if applicable) files were uploaded. There is only one chance to take the interview, and you want to make a good impression.
- Contact support if you need assistance. If you encounter any issues with your interview, message support immediately, then wait to submit your interview. You can reach support by selecting the help bubble on the bottom right-hand side of your screen or emailing email@example.com. For quick answers to common questions, you can visit our help center.
Audio and Video Question Tips
- Use the right device and browser. You can either use an external webcam that can be connected to your desktop device or you would need to use a phone that has a camera built in. We recommend using an updated desktop device on a Google Chrome browser for optimal performance. To ensure that your device and system are running on the latest software please check your system settings and download any necessary updates first.
- Test your equipment and internet connection prior to starting. You will be given the opportunity to test your microphone and camera before starting your interview. To test your equipment select view interview and follow the instructions for enabling your camera and microphone.
- Check your surroundings. If you have to record a video response, check your background to make sure it is free from distractions. We also encourage you to use a space that is well lit and quiet. Be sure to pay attention to your background and lighting too when recording your test video.
- ** If you are recording a response using your mobile phone, try to prop it up and place it on a stable surface or make sure to hold the phone steady. If not, your video will have a lot of movement in the playback which can be distracting for the viewer.**
Have fun and let your personality shine! This will be different from most interviews you have experienced and you will encounter some unique questions designed to test your skills. Use this to your advantage by showcasing your skills and projecting your personality. Good luck!