As you create/edit skills assessments in your account, there are a few things to consider to help maximize the AI accuracy and to increase candidate completion rates.
Please keep the following in mind:
- Include a minimum of 6 questions (best 8-10)
- At least a couple of questions that have text answers
- At least 1 multiple choice (can use more)
- A document, spreadsheet, or presentation question type (cannot be completed on a mobile device. It can only be completed on a desktop/laptop.)
- Ease into it, start with an easy question and build up to the more difficult ones later in the assessment
- Avoid starting with a video response type and, instead, begin with a text-based response.
- Add an example answer in the suggested answer field when relevant.
To increase completion rates, start with an easy question, avoid starting with a video response or document, minimize the use of timers, and required questions. If a question is timed and required and goes unanswered within the time limit, the candidate will not be able to submit their interview resulting in lower completion rates.
Mixing the question types is also highly recommended for higher completion rates. Avoid including just video questions.
Make it a great experience for the candidate and yourself. Include on-the-job tasks and work-related scenarios to get a better insight into how they will perform the job. Candidates will appreciate the opportunity to showcase their skills in a variety of ways. Plus, it will give them an idea of what to expect on the job.
It is also recommended not to use a timer with a video response but if you require it then make sure to set the timer to around 5 minutes or more. If a candidate runs into any technical issues (wifi, internet connections speeds, browsers crashing, etc) you may not get a response if the timer is too short.
You can find this information and complete steps to help create a skills assessment here.